Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Here's to the newlyweds Mr. Carl & Mrs. Jordan Ruf!

Here’s to Mr. Carl & Mrs. Jordan Ruf. Here’s to providing me the opportunity to come down to the Dayton area for the first time since my graduation. Here’s for allowing me the pleasure of seeing Nick, Cassie, Laura, Sam, Scott, Paul, Br. Brandon, Ed, David Devlin, Noey, Bryan, Andrew Eckrich, Dan Danis, & Maureen Kelly. Here’s for the time spent eating at Potbelly again, attending a Dayton Dragons victory, eating at Saxby’s for the first time, & walking the beloved UD campus again. Here’s to Carl for living with me for one & half years, for being a part of one of my greatest nights in my UD career, for inviting me to accompany him to Columbus for spring break Sophomore year, & for introducing me to Canes. Here’s to Old Man Ruf, a nickname I bestowed upon Carl, for remaining friends with me throughout my UD career, & for inviting me to his wedding. Here’s to Jordan, who like Erin Anderson, I never met before. Here’s to the first time seeing the bride occur as she walked down the aisle. Here’s to her graciousness in meeting me, her attendance at the same school as that of John Luke Robertson, & her fondness of country as evidenced by the music played during dinner & select dances. Here’s to the newlyweds.

Here’s to Mr. Carl & Mrs. Jordan Ruf. Here’s to the wedding location. Here’s to the venue fitting the description of what I imagined a country wedding to be. Here’s to an outdoor wedding, which can be picturesque but as I also saw, challenging. Here’s to having a pond on location, possibly a spot for Christians & rednecks’ baptisms. Here’s to having a wedding reception in a barn, with a second story that served as the changing room for the men & groom in the wedding party. Here’s to having a buffet of a dinner, one that Alex Meyers thoroughly enjoyed himself. Here’s to being an outdoor wedding, one of which heat caused major sweating & the removal of my jacket for dancing. Here’s to the newlyweds.

Here’s to Mr. Carl & Mrs. Jordan Ruf. Here’s to the wedding ceremony. Here’s to the groomsmen praying before the ceremony began, one of which must have invoked personal touch that calmed the groom & provided him a sense of peace. Here’s to the bridesmaids looking beautiful, the groomsmen appearing handsome, the bride being the prettiest of them all. Here’s to faith, although I wish the preacher had read the scripture prior to his sermon on it. Here’s to the commitment of love, though I felt the preacher should’ve included a personal touch to the bride & groom. Here’s to the reading of the vows, which when Carl read, his sound system ceased to work only to allow us the pleasure of Jordan reading hers. Here’s to the proclamation of man & wife. Here’s to the newlyweds.

Here’s to Mr. Carl & Mrs. Jordan Ruf. Here’s to the dinner. Here’s to receiving a complimentary glass, like a mason jar. Here’s to the entrance of a bridesmaid & groomsman with their own choreographed dance. Here’s to the speech Mr. Josefczyk gave where he expressed his love for his daughter. Here’s to the prayer Carl gave; fitting a ceremony filled with faith began with a prayer led by the groom. Here’s to those whom I caught up with, from Alex & Sara Meyers to Greg & Jen to Ryan Saul to Tim Skillen to Bill Timmer, not forgetting the brother of the bride, Adam Josefczyk. Here’s to filling myself with food more so than drink, something I failed to do the previous weekend. Here’s to the newlyweds.

Here’s to Mr. Carl & Mrs. Jordan Ruf. Here’s to dancing. Here’s to the first dance between the man & wife. Here’s to the song chosen being unknown by Alex Meyers & I, thankfully Shazam told us it was by Phil Wickham. Here’s to the father-daughter dance. Here’s to the song chosen being the beautiful “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts. Here’s to the mother-son dance. Here’s to the song chosen sung by Kenny Loggins, though no Dad, it’s not “Footloose.” Here’s to Delilah on 93.9 WLIT starting at 7 pm every night. Here’s to eating dinner, doing homework, & acquiring a plethora of knowledge about love songs. Here’s to dancing, even though I have two left feet mind you. Here’s to the smile that crosses my face when I flashback to that great night I previously mentioned. Here’s to Halloween Sophomore year when I attended & left a party. Here’s to Carl’s response, “I’m dancin’,” upon my text asking, “Where are you?” Here’s to those elevator doors opening to the Campus South basement. Here’s to my reaction upon seeing Carl dancing his heart out & my thought became if he can do it, so can I, dressed as Darth Vader & all. Here’s to dancing the night away as a floor, not a worry in the world or a care at all about how late the time became. Here’s to dancing in the basement to our relocation on the sixth floor, continuing the fun of the evening. Here’s to the music played at the wedding. Here’s to everything from “Shut Up & Dance” to “Cupid Shuffle” to “Shake It,” music that invited everyone to dance, even if they denied the former residents of Campus South 6B the pleasure of hearing “Kiss from A Rose” by Seal. Here’s to laughing while dancing with Alex & Sara Meyers, Greg & Jen, Carl, & Mrs. Ruf, the mother of Carl, & Carl’s wife Jordan. Here’s to the farewell dance as we wished Carl & Jordan off. Here’s to “Wanted” by Hunter Hayes. Here’s to my admission of my good singing abilities’ locations. Here’s to church where God loves your voice because He gave it to you, my head because I’m a legend there, & in the shower because of great acoustics. Here’s to the departure of Carl & Jordan as everyone spread out holding their candles wishing them off into the night. Here’s to the newlyweds.

Here’s to Mr. Carl & Mrs. Jordan Ruf. Here’s to the celebration. Here’s to Mark Ruf, the best man & Carl’s younger brother. Here’s to the greatest first name, as evidenced by the awesomeness of yours truly & the cool Mark Ruf. Here’s to Eva Ruf, Carl’s sweet younger sister. Here’s to the Mark Kristl fan club, created during that spring break when at some point I referred to the Ruf siblings & subsequently the whole Ruf family as the Mark Kristl fan club. Here’s to the brief conversation I had with Eva, which culminated in a picture with the beautiful lady. Here’s to the toast the Marks enjoyed followed by a picture of the handsome men. Here’s to the rejoicing of love for the second weekend in a row. Here’s to the newlyweds Mr. Carl & Mrs. Jordan Ruf. Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment