Sunday, May 8, 2016

My Last Semester at UD

It is Christmas Break & I have plenty of free time. So, watching a good deal of TV I have. Disney Channel has been showing the High School Musical trilogy. While the first is the only one plot-wise I can stomach, I admit first two movies’ soundtracks are above average. Yet I caught myself watching a part of the final film. Chad looked at Troy & said, “So I guess when they hand us that diploma, we’re actually done here?” Troy simply remarked, “What makes you thinking we’re getting diplomas?” While they were in high school, I can rather relate to Chad’s question. My last semester. My last birthday in college. My last St. Patty’s Day. My last Lent. My last Chi Rho meeting. My last class. My last paper. My last final exam. My last Marycrest Mass. My last piece of KU pizza. My last Ghetto Mass. My last time lectoring at Ghetto Mass, whenever that may be. My last work shift at Marycrest. My last Creative Monday Status, which will be an epic two weeks. My last alarm clock, which will probably come on graduation day itself. My last sign of peace at Ghetto & Marycrest Mass. My last retreat, which is yet to be determined. My last video game, which may be graduation day. My last night sleeping in my bed. My last day as a University of Dayton undergraduate student. So much to look forward to. The completion of my final exams. The blessing at the end of Ghetto Mass. The playing of “We Are Marching.” The joy of finishing my papers. The jubilation following the end of classes. The known laughter & tears. The unknown fear of the future & everything in between. The agony of late nights of homework & possibly of social life embarrassment. The delight in spending time with friends, God, & future accomplishments. May 4 is only a mere four & some change months away. This semester holds so much promise. I am excited, scared, & ready for it. My last semester at UD.

No comments:

Post a Comment